Cigars with the boys!

Here's a picture of me and my boys when we are on a Field Training exercise (FTX). This was Land Navigation up around Hyalite Canyon. We had a pretty good time last semester as the command staff of the battalion. We all got the Branch choices that we wanted and look forward to graduating this spring and heading off to do some more training this summer. The two on my left both got Infantry as their Branch, myself, I got Armor and look forward to getting to a Cavalry Platoon. I guess that if I have to have people move into battle right after me these guys will have to do. When we all graduate we have to set off for the summer and try to get all of our training done before we get to our permanent duty posts. This will include a six week training session known as BOLC II where we will have our introductory training, followed by our Officer Basic Courses, (OBC). After this I think we all plan on going to Airborne and Ranger school but that is decided once we know where we will be going. I think we are all getting a little impatient to get started. (Left to Right: Andrew Petroni, Kyle Marcum, Myself)

1 Comments:
They let you stop for cigar breaks on exercises? I'm jealous. Why am I in college again?
Great blog!
Post a Comment
<< Home